Simple Persimmon Tarte Recipe



Persimmons or Sharon fruit as my mum calls them are odd fruits. I’m never really that sure what to do with them. My new neighbours have a huuuuuuge tree at the top of our property and they are so beautiful and inviting that when offered a basket of them I couldn’t possibly say no. Then I was a little stuck. A beautiful basket of persimmons but no recipes and no ideas what to do with them.

So... I got playing... I made a really scrumptious apple tarte the other day. So simple it’s almost criminal to blog about but I decided to give these orange jewels the same treatment and to my glee it worked out great!!!



Ingredients 
2 whole ripe Persimmons
A roll of pre made Puff Pastry (because life is just too short) 
2 tablespoons of Golden Syrup
2 tablespoons of Water
2 tablespoons Icing Sugar


Method 
1) In a bowl, mix the golden syrup and the water 
2) Thinly slice the persimmon and add to the bowl
3)  Roll out your pastry and cut into a circle 4cm wider than you need it. 
4) Brush the pastry with some of the syrup solution 
5) Now place and arrange the slices of Persimmon as you would like them. The curl upwards when they cook so be mindful
Of that because it can look very pretty indeed. 
6) Now food in the edges of the pastry creating a lip around the tarte and brush the edge with the syrup. 
7) Bake in the oven at 180 Celsius for about 18 minutes. Keep an eye on it as they are delicate little things. 
8) Once our, sprinkle with the icing sugar and serve with cream or ice cream! Yum!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts