watermelon cake


It is a watermelon that looks like a cake, not a cake that looks like a watermelon. 
This was dead simple to make, the hardest part was getting it as round as possible. I cut the skin off the watermelon then cut it into 2 equal slices about 6 cm thick. Then I placed a small plate on top of the bottom tear and cut around it, and I used a small bowl for the top tear. I used a smallish water melon but you could really go to town with a huge one and do many different layers.


I decorated it with all the fruit that I had in the house at the time, which was only kiwi, blueberry's and figs. The "cake" was small enough that I didn't need too much but you could use any fruit you want, however I advise you use contrasting colours, for example, oranges and grapefruits wont show up very well on the light pink of the watermelon. 


This "cake" only took me about 20 minutes to make because essentially it is a fruit platter, so if your in a rush to make something for a party its a perfect quick dessert


Coming back to the fact that its essentially a just fruit platter means its highly nutritious and super low in calories, see there is such a thing as diet cake. I would defiantly advise giving this ago at home, you'll be grinning with delight by the time you finish it, and to top it off there is no wrong or write and you cant burn it. 


Comments

Popular Posts