A sweet afternoon in Grasse

Grasse, most famous for perfume is my home town, but it is actually 10 minutes drive away from my house and I don't go into town very often, so I was surprised the other day when I popped into town and discovered some wonderful new gastronomic treats 




The nougat shop had entire cakes of nougat, and Delicious ones at that, I don't normally like nougat but this was spectacular and they had a large variety of flavours




Grasse, the Town with a view, you can actually see the sea, but not in a photo in June when its 30 degrees and humid




These are little hand crafted mingnardises, (the french word from a bite sized dessert type thing) are made from marzipan and each one of them is so beautiful 




This is just 2 examples but the shop has hundreds of different ones, even if you don't like marzipan its worth a look, like stepping into an art gallery 





And just walking around this old town is a feast for your eyes, the architecture is so beautiful



Comments

Popular Posts