Perfect Pesto

Perfect Pesto 

My favorite pesto, if you read my blurb you would know that I spent many moons working at sea traveling to places far and wide, But not so far from home, home is Porto Venere, in Italy, very near the Cinque Terra, any way it was here where I found my most favourite pesto in the world, it’s the brightest of green, singing fresh ingredients at you, not the brown green you sometimes see on the supermarkets shelves, any way now based at home I don’t just happen to be there like I did before so I needed to figure out how to make it at home, and this is the recipe I came up with that’s closest as possible to the one I found. 




3 bunches Basil 
½ cup Raw pine nuts
200 ml Good quality Italian olive oil
1 Garlic clove 
The juice of 1 Lemon
100g Parmesan cheese grated

Put all the ingredients into a food processor and turn it on, pulse  and blend until all the ingredients are incorporated in a smooth paste. 

That’s it dead simple easy and delicious. 


Comments

Popular Posts