Rhubarb Gin



This barely needs me to explain how to do its so simple. It can be done with a variety of alcohols, vodka is nice but as I had my mother coming to stay Gin was the tipple of choice.

Grab a few stalks of rhubarb, try and find the reddest possible as we want that beautiful ruby colour to transfer to the gin.




Ingredients 
Rhubarb
Large Jar
1 cup sugar
Bottle of gin

Method 
1) Put the sliced rhubarb into a jar and add a cup of sugar, any sugar will work fine but I used white sugar for the simple reason that I didn't want the colour of brown or coconut to mess with the colour from the rhubarb. Leave this overnight in a dark spot to let the sugar pull out some of the juice.

2) Now fill the jar with gin. Any gin will do. I suggest buying a cheap one as the sugar and flavour from the fruit will greatly improve it so not really much need to spend a fortune on expensive ones.

3) After about a month you'll have enough flavour through but I leave mine for three and then strain the mixture through a muslin into a clean gin bottle. Make a table and enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts